Saturday, January 8, 2011

2)to delee win xp prof on vmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by richthomas
you can do it directly thru Fusion or delete your virtual machine in home/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines.

thanks. i'd like to do it in fusion. I can see no option here. Where is it?

[update]

Okay. I just loaded up fusion, and clicked on the windows vm and pressed "delete" on my keyboard. It's vanished! Lets say it was an accidental press, how to I get windows vm back? I would have thought this function would have an "are you sure?" message.

[update] okay, the delete button just erased the option, it didnt actually erase the windows xp vm.

The location of the windows vm is not where you thought (above). It is in fact here: Macintosh HD/Users/home/documents/virtual machines/

Also, I would have expected fusion to have an erase button in their GUI. After all, mac os x is meant to be easier to use than windows. Yet I always find myself having to navigate through the finder to delete and uninstall programs and parts of programs manually. All very odd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by matt9b; Sep 23, 2008 at 08:18 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment